Wednesday, February 22, 2006

WINTER OLYMPICS

I don't know about anybody else, but I've had a real hard time trying to drum up any amount of interest in this years Winter Olympics. I'm not really sure why though. I usually really like to watch the games and the Winter ones especially, but so far I just can't get into it. I wonder if it's because things are somewhat anticlimactic after the Steelers won the Super Bowl. I don't know. I guess I need that March Madness injection or something, but the Winter Games just aren't making much of a dent in my psyche.
I think that maybe I should be watching the couples Ice Skating, or whatever it's called, because all the highlights reels that I've seen have shown a lot of crash and burn, so maybe it's more exciting than I ever figured it was. No, I'm sure it's not.
One thing I have to say is that all of the hype about Bode Miller has been a laugh. This guy was built up to be the second coming, but when you think about it, all the hype, or at least a large majority of it was based on how much of an all night party animal this guy is. When you think about it, if that's the case, then the odds of him walkin' away with a bunch of gold medals was highly unlikely anyway. Unless he wins his last chance, he can kiss those Miller Beer endorsements that were sure to come his way goodbye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home