Monday, January 02, 2006

ANOTHER NEW YEAR !

Well now that the holidays are over I hope that everyone had a good time. I did, but I have to say that I'm glad all of the hustle and bustle is over. Although things weren't as hectic and crazy as they usually seem to get around this time of year, so I don't really have a lot to complain about.
It's a brand new year and I feel really invigorated about the whole thing. I don't have any real particular reasons, but I just feel good about things. Now if my life goes according to norm, then my happy feelings will last about another hour and that's that, but what the hell. Enjoy it while you can I guess.

A lot of weird stuff has happened to me in the last month. My boss took a month off and the board of directors made me the interim director for one month. I was happy to receive the lame duck position, but I would have to say that I would probably not want the job were it to be a permanent gig. I'm having enough trouble handling the stress I've already got. But it was one more experience to be had and believe it or not I did learn a thing or two from the deal. (Not all of it positive either). I really have been feeling that I need to get into another line of work and this past month has really solidified that fact in my mind. But now the question is, what am I gonna do? Where are all the jobs that pay $50,000 a year for a ten hour work week? That's the goal I'm shooting for, so if anybodies got any Leeds be sure to let me know.

I've also recently gotten myself a cell phone. I am now starting to assimilate myself more and more into the modern world. I put having a cell phone off for as long as I could, but I finally caved in. I really thought that I would hate having a cell phone, but I have to admit that it hasn't been as bad as I figured it would be. But even as I trudge may way into the modern era I still consider myself a Neanderthal, behind the times, goofball (many people will back that up), and really, I like it that way. So for as much as I may start to be technologically swankified, I'm still sticking to the past as far as all of the gulcher business is concerned. My pop culture tastes still lay in the prehistoric days of the 50's, 60's, and 70's, and anything I'm into that is post 1980 is most likely going to be a throwback to those great golden ages. Just so's nobody thinks I'm totally turning over a new leaf when they start seeing pictures on my blogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home