Sunday, December 18, 2005

PUT A HEAD ON A STICK AND HAVE A PARTY!

This is the cry heard from all those ghoulish kids that are dancing around the tombstones at the beginning of what is one of the greatest kids shows ever. The show is GHOUL A GO GO and man do I love it. And quit frankly so should you. Remember in the 60's and 70's when a lot of the local television stations had kid shows. The host was often somebody dressed up in an animal suite, or a clown, or just some goofball who would come on and entertain the kids, and show cartoons and whatnot. Well this is that kind of a thing only better than most. You have Vlad Tsepis, Crieghton, and the Invisible Man as your hosts, and for what it's worth, in my opinion, they beat Soupy Sales and BOZO the CLOWN hands down. (No disrespect to Soupy Sales).
This show is great. The kids on the show are out there shakin' their booties to all those great 60's go go moves like the twist, the monkey, the swim, and the really great thing about it is that they play the coolest music. You ain't gonna hear no EMINEM, or 50 CENT crap on this show. No way. They are infecting the kids with righteous rock n roll. Hell, this show makes me think that there may really be a future for this goll darned country after all. Let's face it, a kid who is exposed to Link Wray at an early age is certainly gonna be way better off than all these mamby pambies who are being spoonfed RAP and HIP HOP as the music to have as the soundtrack to their lives. The youngsters who are Kickin' Out the Jams, are also gonna be Kickin' the lame asses of all those weenies watchin' MTV.
Not only did I get a cool DVD-R of some of their shows, but I am a full fledged Fan Club Member, so I can truly look down with contempt upon all the lesser mortals that scurry about in my midst. I am also among good company and can consider myself among the inner circle with guys like the late great HASIL ADKINS, REVERAND BEAT MAN, members of the MISFITS, and legendary Horror host ZACHERLY. (I wonder if Lux Interior or Poison Ivy has ever seen this show?)
If you are cool, then check these guys out on the web and get their DVD. If you don't like this show, you are very likely, a boring shithead without an ounce a creativity, or a sense of humor, and are jaded beyond the point of all hope. All I can say is that this show is a lot of fun, and that's what bein' a kid and rock n roll are really all about. Ain't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dave ,

It freaks me out that nobody but me and spam reads your blog.

Love troy.

December 30, 2005 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Shep said...

Troy, you think it freaks you out, walk in my shoes brother. Actually though there have been a few comments left by nonspammers, so I shall keep up hope.

January 2, 2006 at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home