Sunday, January 29, 2006

RADIO BLUES

I really do hate music radio anymore. I have for a long time but it's only getting worse. I'm driving in my car and if I have to spend any amount of time driving I know I'm in for a lot of disappointment unless I bring some tapes. I just cleaned out my car and have not replenished it with a supply of tapes so as I was driving around I was stuck with listening to local radio. First I turn it to the major college radio station in my area. It's their singer/songwriter folk show and they are playing some of the most godawful hippie drivel I've ever had the misfortune to hear. It kind of makes me consider that possibly dropping some bombs on the crowds at Woodstock may not have been such a bad idea.
Next It's over to the "classic rock" station. I hear a set of Yes, Queen, and Bruce Springsteen(?). The DJ warns me that John Mellencamp is coming up next so I figure it's time to git. I turn it to the other college radio station and have my ears assaulted with some mallternative crap and then the lame ass DJ's come on to bore me to death.
Allow me to paraphrase:
"I got some information on Jordan last night."
"Yeah"
" I heard he was wearing a hat."
" Yeah, it was one of those stocking hats with the bill on it in the front."
" I wish I could have been there. Jordan, If your listening, you can't pull that off."
Laughter ensues as they then put on Pink Floyd's "comfortably Numb" A completely predictable selection. After that it's a good reggea tune and then more alternative garbage mixed with rap.
stupid, lame ass DJ's can possibly be forgiven, but only if the music that they are playing is really good. Not the case.
RAGNOROCK APPROACHETH !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home