Friday, August 12, 2005

PERUVIAN PUNK

The Mangazoids-Sobredosis de Horror just made it's way to my doorstep. This is a nice slab of garage punk with a lot of surf sound to season it up. The first song "El Condor Pasta" is a surf instrumental that really reminds me of The Shadows.
"Mujer Boa" has a nice power punch riff and a beat to send you bouncing around the room. The song "Estoy a 5 Anos de Aca" is the Third Bardo tune "Five Years Ahead of my Time" .
Al the songs are in Spanish, or Portuguese, or whatever the language is that they speak in Peru. I was too lazy to look it up before posting this review.
This platter is really tasty heavy garage/punk with a number of good surf type tunes thrown in for good measure.
This stuff is soaked in booze, sweat, and dirt and is a great soundtrack for drinking lot's of beer, whiskey, tequila, and running wild like a pack of wolves. (A typical Friday and/or Saturday night for many).
They also have a song on here called "Lluvia de Fuzztones" which I'm assuming is a tribute to the legendary band. It certainly sounds like a Fuzztones type of song.
This CD has a lot of grit and power and is just plain good shit. And if you happen to be one of those people who just can't get into this because you can't understand the words, then I feel sorry for ya. I have had people tell me this before when I've played them some tasty selection of something from a German, or Japanese band that don't sing in english. I don not get it. Kick ass rockin' music is Kick ass rockin' music no matter what language it's sung in. If it rocks, then it's good enough for me.

Keep your eyes peeled for my next post when I just may decide to rant and rave, and go off on all kinds of tangents about the true Southern Rock. Or maybe I'll write an essay on Punk Rock vs. Heavy Metal. Or maybe something equally as meaningful and profound to us gulcher types.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home