Sunday, December 06, 2009

SOME THANKS, AND A REVIEW

I wanna say thanks to gooseneck over at The Bigfoot Diaries for the kind words. The guy is truly a King among men. The guy has a true talent for words and I can only hope that one day he will bless us with a book. Yeah, he's that good. He and I have known each other for some time now and we have had some pretty amazing adventures. Checking out his blog is well worth the time.




And since we're speaking of great stuff to read, the latest issue of UGLY THINGS just hit my mailbox. This is probably the best rock and roll magazine out right now. I realize that there may be a few fanzines still making the rounds out there, but I don't know of many (if there out there please let me know). Let's face it, most of the stuff out there on the newstand is not even worth using as toilet paper. ROLLING STONE and SPIN are utter crap. METAL EDGE, and all the other rags championing the flavor of the month corpse paint wearing troubadors are just plain WEAK! Mojo is only marginally interesting, if ever, and I think it's safe to say that almost anything out there that you can name, is just not worth the time,effort, or hard earned dinero it takes to obtain such fluff. Where is the 70's CREEM and ROCKSCENE when we really need 'em?

Well those greats are long gone, and we're left with nothing but the garbage I just mentioned. Dark times indeed. But lo, there is reason to throw on those party hats and rejoice. UGLY THINGS exists in the here and now, and with some luck and people supportig the mag, it will be with us for a long time to come.

This thing is over 200 pages and is full of stuff that the pussies who put out STONE will never begin to comprehend. You get the lowdown on bands like the Master's Apprentices, Stepson, The Imperial Dogs, and many, many more. The music, book, and DVD reviews are all great. Even if I don't like a band they cover, I still like reading about 'em in UGLY THINGS. This thing is a labor of love put out by Mike Stax and his assorted gang of scribes, and if your going to spend money on any magazine spend it on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home